DiUS Computing is excited to announce its sponsorship of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) inaugural Customer Appreciation Day. The event is being held at The Westin, Sydney on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 from 12.30 to 7.00pm.
The ANZ Customer Appreciation Day is a free, half day, interactive seminar that rewards and recognises innovative customers and delivers the very latest cloud computing updates across Australia and New Zealand from our customers.
The agenda will include customer testimonials from Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the City of Melbourne and Halfbrick, as well as customer case study presentations on Movember, REA Group, Photomerchant and Hooroo.
Customer case study: Hooroo – a Qantas Start-Up
A joint presentation by Stephen Bartlett, DiUS, and Bruce Fair, Hooroo, will cover how DiUS helped Jetstar deliver their highly successful web accommodation platform more quickly and scale to meet peaks in demand using the AWS Cloud.
This session will uncover how the team:
- Started lean, focusing on the essential and continuous delivery process needs to achieve launch
- Assessed and selected a performant and productive technology stack
- Developed the product roadmap – a Minimal Viable Product for launch, and then beyond
- Employed cloud-based scaling techniques to automatically scale and meet high peak demands
- Automated a continuous one-click deployment pipeline to deploy the full production stack on a daily basis
- Used cloud-based tools and smart development practices to quickly get off the ground
Innovation Challenge: Zeroing Iteration Zero
At the exhibition, DiUS will be demonstrating the winning solution of our inaugural innovation challenge. DiUS is always looking for new ways to innovate in order to deliver better software more quickly for our clients. Our first challenge was to build a configurable system that can set up a complete project environment with continuous integration, continuous deployment, and analytics in less than two hours.
For more information about the event or to register, visit the event website.