Press Release MELBOURNE; 30th July, 2019 – Leading Australian software technology company, DiUS, is delighted to announce it’s celebrating 15 years of helping clients innovate and grow with a whole-of-company event in Melbourne on August 2nd 2019.
DiUS was founded on May 19, 2004 with a vision to help companies, large and small, bring ideas to life through best practice product and technology engineering, software and hardware, services. Since then, DiUS has grown from two employees to 150 and delivered more than 765 projects for 185 clients across a broad range of industries, including banking, fintech, real estate, aviation, broadcasting, retail, pharmaceuticals, and more, as well as government and disruptive tech organisations.
Co-founders and directors, Joe Losinno and Clency Coutet, attribute DiUS’ 15-year success to hiring the best people, staying at the forefront of technology, and a focus on delivering innovative and impactful outcomes for clients.
“DiUS was founded to help transform our clients’ businesses by helping them move forward with emerging technologies and practices including agile, cloud, internet of things, virtual reality, artificial intelligence and user experience. However, our success is also thanks to the long-standing, trusted relationships we have with our clients that has created a willingness to succeed together,” said Joe Losinno.
“We have always been ahead of the curve and as we look back at 15 years, we are enormously proud of some of the ‘firsts’ we have helped to deliver:
- ChargeIQ, DiUS’ electric vehicle charging technology and world’s first ZigBee-certified electric vehicle charger with the ability to communicate with Smart Meters in 2010.
- Hooroo (now Qantas and Jetstar’s hotels), built using the AWS platform and launched to production before the AWS Sydney region was launched in November, 2012.
- Australia’s first virtual reality property app for REA Group, giving consumers an exciting new way of experiencing property in 2017.
- Built Fuelsuite in 2017, an IoT, AWS cloud-based data platform and web application that provides a unique and first of its kind monitoring and reporting solution specifically for retail fuel businesses as EMS’ innovation partner.
- Built nibby the chatbot in 2018 to support nib health funds to become the first Australian health insurer to introduce artificial intelligence technology to assist Aussies with their health insurance enquiries.
“DiUS is also proud of the capability uplift we deliver to our clients as part of our core services offering, where we work shoulder to shoulder with their teams to leave behind an enduring capability to work in the same way,” said Losinno.
As DiUS enters its next 15 years, its strategy is to remain a talent-led and innovation-led organisation continuing to deliver impactful outcomes for clients. A strong internal investigative and experimental culture supports the technology company to stay at the forefront of understanding and testing the commercial
applications for emerging technologies.
“We know that our people thrive when they are exploring, growing, developing and extending their horizons, and the best way we can do this is through our work,” said Clency Coutet.
A particular area of focus is how the rapid adoption of artificial intelligence, in particular machine learning, is driving a new era of business value. DiUS is uniquely positioned to reinvent processes and discover new areas of opportunity using machine learning; it’s a natural extension of our core product development
capabilities in data engineering, the cloud, big data and analytics.
The 15 year anniversary event is another first for DiUS, where the entire company is coming together in one location to celebrate. The event includes a day of hands-on learning activities including machine learning through AWS DeepRacer and flying robots, followed by a night time cocktail party with alumni.