DiUS is an Australian technology consultancy, that believes in creating a positive impact through technology. We are a team of pioneers, thinkers, investigators, doers, collaborators and changemakers, and we love what we do. We’re specialists in both software and hardware devices, leading the industry in the commercial application of new technologies.
We are now looking for a Senior UX Consultant to join our team, who thrives on working on a variety of projects across different industries.
Our clients, what we do and how we do it
Our success has been built on providing our clients with elegant bespoke solutions as well as our ability to uplift the skills of our clients’ leaving a legacy of technical excellence which is focused on a human centered approach.
We engage with companies, big or small, who share our values, culture and curiosity to solve problems, create efficiencies and explore the latest technologies.
We’re neither a body shop, nor a product house. Developing a relationship with DiUS as a client means becoming part of the DiUS family. We work with some of Australia’s largest companies, but also actively seek the opportunity to partner with innovative startups to help them along the path to becoming fully fledged businesses.
The term ‘team player’ gets bandied about in business a fair bit, but you’d really need to be one to work here. I know it’s been mentioned a couple of times, but intelligence, curiosity and humility really are a common trait in all of our consultants.
You will be a flexible consultant that is able to kick off projects with discovery workshops, apply design thinking, plan and facilitate UX research, as well as creation of hands-on deliverables like user flows, journey maps, design concepts, wireframes etc.
- Strong Consulting mindset – able to understand a business strategy, unravel & identify business problems, analyse data and detail, challenge, influence and co-create solutions with the client
- Interest in working on a variety of projects across many different industries.
- A growth mindset that is hungry to continuously learn and eager to visualise the potential of UX in future technologies.
- Strong client focus with a willingness to work in the consulting industry
- Experience across the spectrum of UX capability - Strategy, Service Design, Research, Information Architecture, UI / Interaction Design, Visual / Graphic Design, Prototyping, Branding, Content Design
- Curious and creative in providing the most pragmatic, elegant, and effective solution to match the client’s needs
- The ability and confidence to work as part of our client engagements as the sole designer and the UX team representative
- Ability to collaborate with both internal teams and external clients and stakeholders
- Ability to build networks and create strong business relationships
- Ability to influence & manage stakeholders
- A keen interest in getting involved in the community - attending meetups, speaking at conferences, supporting events like Random Hacks of Kindness
Just a little bit more about us:
- You’d be working with really smart, yet humble people.
- The management team genuinely care about people’s development and there are heaps of opportunities to attend conferences and contribute to thought leadership in your area of expertise. You’ll also be given the creative license to explore and develop new technologies and skills.
- We offer a supportive workplace that values its people and puts trust in them.
- We pride ourselves on being different, both towards our people and our clients; we place great emphasis on fostering an environment that delivers products that we are proud of.
- Our UX teams across Sydney and Melbourne keep in touch regularly to share insights, learnings and support each other.
Things we do:
- Special Interest Groups (SIGS) for you to lunch (catered of course!), learn and connect with your colleagues
- Monthly Back to Base sessions to catch up with the team
- Fit Club - company paid for group training (if you’re so inclined!)
- Attend Conferences and training events annually.
- UX strategy days held twice a year with the teams in Sydney and Melbourne
- Speak at conferences and write blogs. Want to build your profile? We have a wonderful marketing team who will help you!
- Monthly book club
- We’re a tech firm, so there is every bit as much food, catering and ubiquitous pizza as you would imagine!