DiUS Terms and Conditions | Australian Utilities and Power Conference
This page forms the full terms and conditions for participating in DiUS Computing Pty Limited (DiUS) game of skill competitions held at Australian Utilities and Power Conference, 14th-15th August 2019, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Stand D27.
The Promoter is DiUS Computing Pty Limited of level 3/31 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000. The promotion period is within open hours of Australian Utilities and Power Conference 14th-15th August 2019.
Responses will be anonymised, and compelling audio snippets shared by DiUS. One entry per competition, per conference attendees. Aus. res. 18+ only. DiUS direct competitors and staff not eligible to win.
If you choose to participate you do so at your own risk. DiUS will not be held accountable for any injury or damages through the participation of these competitions, nor the participation of any prizes gained.
Bike Competition – Game of Skill
- 1 x winners will be selected based on the highest energy produced within 1 minute by an individual using the DiUS energy producing bike. The Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Prize is 1 x $300 digital voucher for Rockpool Dining Group. Rockpool Dining Group run a network of 65 restaurants across Australia. Participating restaurants can be found at http://www.rockpooldininggroup.com.au/gift-card/
- The energy producing bike will be available for use throughout the full 2 days of the Australian Utilities and Power Conference where possible. Bike will be located at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Stand D27.
- Participants will be provided the opportunity to test the bike for up to 2 minutes before starting their timed competition entry. A member of the DiUS staff exhibitor team will inform the participant of the start and finish time of their time trial and their score will be recorded on the leader board if they are within the top performers.
- Scores will be judged on the close of the conference at 4pm on 15th August 2019. Winner will be notified by and receive prize via email before 5pm on Friday 16th August.
Your rights by law
- By participating in these competitions, you consent to receive promotional communications from The Promoter. You can opt out of communications at any time within any email communications in accordance with the Spam Act 2003.
- The laws of Victoria apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize / attendance at the prize event.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The Promoter holds the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including the entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrants who submit an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tamper with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of these rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.