We are seeking technically strong, professional consultants who are looking for a company that will provide them with a challenge and a place to build their career with on a long term basis.With a combination of experience and intuition, you know when to dig into the minutiae and when to step back and look at the big picture. You’re incredibly protective and supportive of both the client’s interests as well as your development team. You’re able to act as a buffer when conflicts arise, all the while protecting the greater interests of the project and being an advocate for change.
- More than just a consultancy, with a dedicated team working on our own R&D projects
- Focused on quality and innovation
- Dedicated to fostering a culture that is about creativity, communication, cutting-edge technology and the long-term development of our staff
- Proud to offer our people a range of opportunities to help them achieve their aspirations and grow, whether it’s conquering a new technology, learning about a new domain, speaking in public or moving into a leadership role
- Experienced in working within agile environments and passionate about what this approach can do for projects in terms of delivery and quality
- An accomplished manager of inceptions, able to bring people together and establish the project scope
- Born out of a technical background, but are an analyst at heart – you love dissecting a project brief to find out what is really required
- Someone who thrives on client interaction is flexible, adaptable and excellent communicator
- Always keen to broaden your horizons, learn new skills (both technical and business), stay up to date with new trends and think about the bigger picture
- Competent at working independently without need for constant direction
- Experienced in both domain driven design and BDD (ideally)
- Highly experienced in working as a Technical IM/PM or BA on a combination of both enterprise scale and start-up projects across a range of technologies – particularly Ruby/Java/J2EE environments
Want to work for a consultancy that is big enough to win challenging projects, working with blue-chip clients and cutting edge technology, but also small enough that you are more than just another consultant sitting on their bench? If so, look no further and apply now.
DiUS is an Australian technology consultancy. We developed our reputation in the Agile, open source development community way before all the cool kids (or the globals) were doing it. Our business is built on providing our clients with solutions to their gnarly technical or business problems. We are looking for a Senior UX Consultant to join our team.
The term ‘team player’ gets bandied about in business a fair bit, but you’d really need to be one to work here. I know it’s been mentioned a couple of times, but (ridiculous!) intelligence, curiosity and humility really are a common trait in all of our consultants.
- At least 5+ years experience working as a UX Consultant or similar
- Strong client focus with a willingness to work in the consulting industry
- Curious and creative in providing the most pragmatic, elegant, and effective solution to match the client’s needs
- A strong advocate for the end user
- A master translator of requirements (information architecture, wireframes, workflows, visual design and branding)
- The ability and confidence to work as part of our client engagements as the sole designer and the UX team representative
Just a little bit more about us:
You’d be working with really smart, yet humble people.
The management team genuinely care about people’s development and there are heaps of opportunities to attend conferences and contribute to thought leadership in your area of expertise. You’ll also be given the creative license to explore and develop new technologies and skills.
We offer a supportive workplace that values its people and puts trust in them.
We pride ourselves on being different, both towards our people and our clients; we place great emphasis on fostering an environment that delivers products that we are proud of.
An Australian technology consultancy who exist to help companies build the right solution. Right now we are 100+ consultants across two locations, Sydney and Melbourne. We work with organisations big and small – check out some of our past work. At DiUS we place equal value on creativity, innovation, and technology. We understand the competitive nature of the IT industry and strive to stand out through our work by building products which can help to sustainably improve our community.
What it’s like to work for us…
We strive to keep you interested in terms of project diversity and tech as well as ensuring you have all you need to build a career long term. People are our greatest asset. That’s why we offer a range of benefits to ensure we hire and retain great staff, including:
- We offer flexible working arrangements to ensure our people have a good work-life balance.
- Breakfast at our head offices as well as a cupboard of snacks to keep you going during the day
- As a tech firm, its important to us that our people have access to the latest technology, that’s why we offer them an allowance to purchase the tools they want to work with.
- Access to salary sacrifice options and corporate discounts on the latest technology.
- Brown bags/monthly back to base events so the team can get together, listen to presentations and socialise
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs) dedicated to sharing skills and ideas in emerging tech
- Hack Days so you can bring your ideas to life
What we’re looking for…
We’re after full stack, open source developers who thrive in an agile environment. Experience in the following tech will be very highly valued:
- Ruby on Rails
Team players with 3+ years industry experience who have the ability to pick up new languages quickly are definitely encouraged to apply. We want delivery and outcome focused people with strong software design skills who can apply the right technology to deliver the right solution.
The term ‘team player’ gets bandied about in business a fair bit, but you’d really need to be one to work here. Your success will be tied to that of your team. This structure promotes the values and environment which we love. You will be working towards realistic and achievable targets that encourage delivery of the type of work we want to do and the success of clients whom we love supporting.
- experience in either technology consulting or solution sales
- an appreciation of the nuances of selling complex technical solutions
- the ability to work closely with our technical team (software engineers, IM’s, UX’s etc) and clients to help create the elegant solutions for which we are known for
- a strong understanding of Agile methodologies and/or cloud based technologies (and the ability to make it
- a demonstrable history of developing excellent relationships with your clients; and
- an understated selling style, yet you don’t shy away from driving towards a mutually beneficial outcome.
Business sales from new or existing client relationships. You will be comfortable with ‘true’ business development as well as widening our current client networks.
Take ownership of projects from end-to-end and providing support as required throughout. This is a role where you will be involved with each project from start to end! You will be responsible for reporting on sales and delivery pipelines, as well as revenue realisation.
Work with our Marketing team to develop innovative strategies to highlight our capabilities and showcase all of the awesome work we’re doing, with a strong focus on emerging technologies.
Lead presale conversations to establish the best technical solution as well as staff resourcing decisions to support project delivery.
Contribute to both the high level company-wide sales strategy development as well as tactical ‘boots on the ground’ activities.
a day in the life of…
Sergei is a full-stack, open source SE who has over 10 years experience in building software solutions in an array of languages - and no, we don’t mean Spanish or French.
He has a pragmatic approach to his work day and values open and constant communication with his team and stakeholders.
Sergei loves to involve himself in a great cause, regularly participating in RHoK hackathons. He is also a big fan of the Xbox in his spare time.
A typical day
Gerd’s story is a special one, but not uncommon here at DiUS.
Gerd is a Software Engineer who was searching for a new adventure for himself and his family. So, he moved from Germany!
Now located in sunny Sydney, Gerd is DiUS through and through. He thrives on a challenge, loves to jump into new projects and is passionate about creating the best possible product for his clients.
A typical day
Carl has always been passionate about visual design and is a strong advocate for the end user. He spends his days working in an agile fashion and is always focused on providing the most practical, elegant, and effective solution for his clients.
With his practical understanding of end-to-end user-centric design processes, he is able to work with a project from initial brief and stakeholder interviews, through to final design and implementation. Carl spends his weekends exploring Melbourne and won’t walk past a tim tam.
A typical day
Inna is a UX Designer with over six years experience in visual and interactive design.
Over the last six years, design has become more than just creating pixel perfect work for Inna. Her objective has always been to create a memorable and engaging experience for users and move away from the traditional linear approach. While balancing customer needs and meeting business objectives, she has a genuine empathy for users, which enabled her transition to the UX space.